Using a crochet hook during binding off (casting off) is a much faster process than using two knitting needles.
- In the following pictures, the method shown is using circular knitting (but it works the same for straight knitting)
- the right-hand end of the circular needle is “hiding” behind the work; it is not used
Crochet hook sizing:
- Loose cast-off: use a crochet hook a couple of sizes larger than your needles
- Tight cast-off: use a crochet hook a couple of sizes smaller than your needles
- Regular cast-off: use the same size crochet hook as your needles
1. Insert crochet hook into 1st stitch on left-hand needle knitwise
There is 1 loop on the crochet hook.
Repeat Steps 5 – 8 until only 1 loop remains on crochet hook.
Pull yarn through loop on crochet hook and finish as directed in pattern.