It had been a while since we were up Wolfville way so I was very happy to be able to stop by Gaspereau Valley Fibres Farm Wool Shop again; so much fibre to pet and extremely friendly service — what’s not to love?
I had a list (I’m all about being prepared) – there were a number of yarns I wanted to sample for some projects that are in the planning stages.
So, after a happy half-hour of filling my list and another happy half-hour of browsing, these ended up in my shopping bag for the ride home (front from left to right):
1) Fleece Artist’s Nyoni (65% merino, 20% kid, 10% nylon, 5% silk)
2)Hemp for Knitting’s “Hempton” (AllHemp6) “Foggy 10”
3) O-Wool’s Balance (50% cert. organic cotton, 50% cert. organic merino)
4) Berroco’s Ultra Alpaca (50% alpaca, 50% wool) “black 6245”
5) Brown Sheep’s Cotton Fleece (80% cotton, 20% merino) “Putty”
and at the back (left to right)
6) Crystal Palace’s Mochi Plus (80% merino, 20% nylon) “colour 558”
7) Briggs & Little’s Regal (100% wool) “Blue BW”
Sigh — there were so many other nice yarns that just couldn’t come home with me. Good thing I had a list!
Hmmmm, I see a very blue / neutral theme – wonder how that happened?